Humans are strange creatures; our memories can be activated by our senses. The sights, the sounds, the tastes, can all elicit feelings, emotions, and memories. For me, I know I am truly back in Pattaya when I’m having that first beer at the Pattaya Beer Garden as the sun dips over the horizon.
The Beer Garden is one of my favorite places to relax and meet up with friends while I’m in Pattaya. It is a great place to unwind either by myself or chatting with buddies. I’m a fan of the go-go bars and beer bars, I spend way too much time there actually. Those bars are far from relaxing and in most places, the music is so loud you can’t hear yourself think, much less carry on a conversation. The bars in Pattaya have their place, but for taking it easy, there is no better place for me than the Pattaya Beer Garden.
Having a drink while I watch the sun go down in Pattaya isn’t the only way I know I’m back in Pattaya, but it is the most pleasurable and visceral one. Here are some other ways that I know I’m back in town.
10 ways I know I’m back in Pattaya:
- I walk over a sewer grate and the smell feels like it is burning my nose
- A sexy Thai girl who is half my age yells out that I’m a ‘Handsome Man’
- The bartender asks me if I want lemon for my beer and I get a lime
- I hear the ‘bee-boo’ sound as I enter a 7-11
- I see construction workers in bare feet or welding without eye protection
- I see people trying to use pedestrian signals to cross the street and I stop to see if they actually make it without getting hit
- There is a fat 60+ year old man walking hand in hand with a hot 20 something Thai Girl – and this seems normal
- A tout on Beach Road tries to sell me Ray-Ban sunglasses – while I’m wearing my Ray-Ban sunglasses
- I realize the sexy babe with the killer body I’m checking out is actually a ladyboy
- I wake up in bed the next day with that same ladyboy
How do you know when you are back in Pattaya? Let me know in the comments below.